Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

A-League Mens 24/25 - Round 2

someguyjc

Replies
Friday 25th October 2024
  • Macarthur FC vs Newcastle Jets
    Kick-off: 19:35
    Venue: Campbelltown Sports Stadium
    Broadcast: Paramount+
Saturday 26th October 2024
  • Adelaide United vs Central Coast Mariners
    Kick-off: 16:30 (SA time) / 17:00 (Eastcoast time)
    Venue: Coopers Stadium
    Broadcast: 10 Bold / 10 Play / Paramount+
  • Melbourne City FC vs Melbourne Victory
    Kick-off: 19:35
    Venue: AAMI Park
    Broadcast: 10 Bold / 10 Play / Paramount+
  • Perth Glory vs Wellington Phoenix
    Kick-off: 18:45 (WA time) / 23:45pm (Kiwi time) / 21:45 (Eastcoast time)
    Venue: HBF Park
Sunday 27th October 2024
  • Auckland FC vs Sydney FC
    Kick-off: 16:00 (Kiwi time) / 14:00 (Eastcoast time)
    Venue: Go Media Stadium
  • Western United FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers
    Kick-off: 16:00
    Venue: Ironbark Field
Bye: Brisbane Roar

Current Table

CLUB​
MP​
W​
D​
L​
GF​
GA​
GD​
PTS​
Macarthur FC
1​
1​
0​
0​
6​
1​
5​
3​
Auckland FC
1​
1​
0​
0​
2​
0​
2​
3​
Sydney FC
1​
1​
0​
0​
2​
1​
1​
3​
Melbourne City
1​
1​
0​
0​
1​
0​
1​
3​
Wellington Phoenix
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
1​
0​
1​
Western United
1​
0​
1​
0​
1​
1​
0​
1​
Central Coast Mariners
1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
Melbourne Victory
1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
Western Sydney Wanderers
1​
0​
0​
1​
1​
2​
-1​
0​
Newcastle Jets
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
-1​
0​
Brisbane Roar
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​
2​
-2​
0​
Perth Glory
1​
0​
0​
1​
1​
6​
-5​
0​
Adelaide United
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​

Nothing much on so watched this first half.
One shot on goal whole half Hill quotes, should quote it was absolute rubbish football period.

Nothing much on so watched this first half.
One shot on goal whole half Hill quotes, should quote it was absolute rubbish football period.
It has been a bit agricultural

Still keeley adamson a rare rb that is young and promising, jed drew, is an interesting player, eli adams scored a couple of screamers. Hollman and jarkolis arent young but are interesting. So enough to catch my eye

I don’t really have high hopes for the Jets this season, but it was good to get win tonight.

I wonder if this Jets team has the lowest average age of any A-League team ever? I think Susnjar is the oldest player in the team and he’s only 29.

I'm surprised Drew is only 21. Feels like he's been around for ages.
Yeah 2003 is likely to be an absolutely insane year. The record number of players in a single birthyear to get a good season in at least a 2nd tier league is 4, 2003 will probably double that imo

I don’t really have high hopes for the Jets this season, but it was good to get win tonight.

I wonder if this Jets team has the lowest average age of any A-League team ever? I think Susnjar is the oldest player in the team and he’s only 29.
One for Andy Howe on twitter!

I didn't watch the match but it's always fun to check the scores and see a random lad score two goals

Eli Adams great goals if he build on it he'll be this seasons breakout player

Good luck to the kid scoring a double - always a great feeling.
As for the whole game - it was meh sub standard to me for pros.
I’m staggered jets can’t find more capable players in their vast region and Bulls ?
Seriously their standard isn’t much higher than NPL1 - worse Jets for matter.
Put Bratten aside who is very capable and proven this level as a neutral going to view you’d think why bother.
Go watch SU58 Marconi etc

Yes I’m straight the way I see it.

Good luck to the kid scoring a double - always a great feeling.
As for the whole game - it was meh sub standard to me for pros.
I’m staggered jets can’t find more capable players in their vast region and Bulls ?
Seriously their standard isn’t much higher than NPL1 - worse Jets for matter.

Bit of a symptom of the ridiculously long off-season. See it every season. Opening rounds are usually pretty lacklustre unfortunately. Problem is that by the time the players are properly match fit and the teams are in good form, then the summer temps come into effect and the game slows right down. Best football in the A-League is the last 25% of rounds and the finals series. Problem is half the clubs aren't playing for anything by then so it's not as great as it could be (ie: if there was relegation battles happening the dynamic completely changes). Summer for football is just a bad idea all round. In a winter comp we'd still have the lacklustre starts from the long off-season, but the form would be increasing just as the temperature is decreasing. That means you get good form and high pace all at once. It's why the NPL feels better than it is. The lack of experience and fully-pro players is counteracted by a higher paced game. Then you have the risk of relegation thrown into the mix and you get some great viewing even for the neutral viewer.

The pre season and Australia cup can fill a bit of the months prior to the season but it's got to be shifted back by 4 weeks. Sumer break but miss out on school holidays and other code down time is a catch 22.

Back