Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

A-league ranking

Lupi

Replies

currently ranked #11 in Asia however with the large 2016 points about to drop off next year and CCM unlikely to pick up very many points, where will it be ranked in 2025/26?

by my estimation it could be down near India's level just below Hong Kong league and lose a spot in the ACL 'elite'.

maybe some boffin experts can enlighten me if I've overlooked anything here?

currently ranked #11 in Asia however with the large 2016 points about to drop off next year and CCM unlikely to pick up very many points, where will it be ranked in 2025/26?

by my estimation it could be down near India's level just below Hong Kong league and lose a spot in the ACL 'elite'.

maybe some boffin experts can enlighten me if I've overlooked anything here?

We only need to look at the east region and make sure we don't drop below 6th, otherwise we lose our ACLE spot.

As it stands, next season we'll drop to 6th, but there's also a decent chance we'll drop to 7th in any on the next three seasons.

China and Thailand will start to drop off in two years, however, they are still currently winning and we aren't!

Malaysia and Vietnam are the BIG worry. They are every chance to catch us, even this season! And we can say goodbye to ACLE.

Projection:

1729671546206.png

Also, it's not just an A-League rating. Any club in Australia can represent in us in Asia by winning the Australia Cup.

It would be quite an indictment on Australian club football to be ranked below the likes of Hong Kong.

It's just a crying shame that our representation in the Elite competition this year is with a team that's had a good chunk of it top starting 11 players leave (Balard, Nisbet, Farrell, Hall, Vukovic), whilst there replacements haven't really set the world alight.

Hopefully they can jag a few wins in the remaining group stage matches to at least get us some valuable ranking points.

Otherwise it will be up to Sydney to go all the way in ACL2 to ensure we don't drop too much in the rankings.

It's just a crying shame that our representation in the Elite competition this year is with a team that's had a good chunk of it top starting 11 players leave (Balard, Nisbet, Farrell, Hall, Vukovic), whilst there replacements haven't really set the world alight.

Hopefully they can jag a few wins in the remaining group stage matches to at least get us some valuable ranking points.

Otherwise it will be up to Sydney to go all the way in ACL2 to ensure we don't drop too much in the rankings.
Yeah we keep having that problem. Whenever we have a successful team that gets into Asia, their best players move or get sold inbetween comps. If we can hold these players for two consecutive years we might actually be a chance to show something in ACLE.

this seems to be the reality of the salary cap and tight budgets that exist in the A-league... it really is struggling to hold its own in Asia

When you've got a club like Brisbane Roooooooaaaaaaarrr spending more money on hiring a stadium built for the city’s major Rugby League team than they get through the gate then you know you're walking down insanity street.....

Brisbane Roooooooaaaaaaarrr should be expelled from the A League unless they can prove that they are looking for an alternative venue.

It's bad decision making such as allowing clubs like Roooooooaaaaaaarrr in the competition that is holding it back.

Seeing 7-8,000 in a 50,000 capacity stadium just adds to the uncertainty of the competitions viability. It turns off investors and drags down the game.

Back