Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Boutique stadiums Australia

Ange's high line

Replies
Ipswich City Council article a while back, about North Ipswich oval getting done up into a mid sized 12k capacity Stadium. This is to back Brisbane Jets Nrl bid again, plus an A League team to use as well. Start build in 2025 & finish in 2026. State gov has allocated funds.
I hope that's true just quietly.

Last edited:
Ipswich City Council article a while back , about North Ipswich oval getting done up into a mid sized 12k capacity Stadium. This is to back Brisbane Jets Nrl bid again, plus an A League team to use as well. Start build in 2025 & finish in 2026. State gov has allocated funds.
Sounds more plausible than the WMG ever building a 15k stadium in Tarneit like they had "shovel ready" 6 years ago.

Sounds more plausible than the WMG ever building a 15k stadium in Tarneit like they had "shovel ready" 6 years ago.
To be honest, the time frames for Tarneit Stadium aren't really as bad as everyone makes out for a privately-funded football/sokkah development (even with Council backing). It's not like an AFL/NRL project that state governments will willingly re-write laws to expedite, in addition to actively funding them throughout.

To be honest, the time frames for Tarneit Stadium aren't really as bad as everyone makes out for a privately-funded football/sokkah development (even with Council backing). It's not like an AFL/NRL project that state governments will willingly re-write laws to expedite, in addition to actively funding them throughout.
I dont disagree, but coming out with the whole "shovel ready" thing as part of their pitch when Team 11 were in the same boat and, heaven save us from the "effniks", South Melbourne already had a stadium as part of our bid, a stadium which 3 years later the WMG tried unsuccessfully to play out of because their training pitch was delayed again.... lol

Ipswich City Council article a while back , about North Ipswich oval getting done up into a mid sized 12k capacity Stadium. This is to back Brisbane Jets Nrl bid again, plus an A League team to use as well. Start build in 2025 & finish in 2026. State gov has allocated funds.
I wonder if that's to move AFLW over there rather than the ground already being used that hosted their grand final a couple years back..

Aflw are using circular Brighton Homes Arena 10k, it is different from the proposed refurbishment of rectangular North Ipswich Reserve 12k. Ipswich Jets (rugby league) are currently using it with a current capacity of 6k.

Last edited:
Aflw are using circular Brighton Homes Arena 10k, it is different from the proposed refurbishment of rectangular North Ipswich Reserve 12k. Ipswich Jets (rugby league) are currently using it with a current capacity of 6k.
Yes, I am aware. Just wondering if there is plans long term to move Brighton Homes Arena stuff (AFLW) to North Ipswich Reserve. It is not a rectangular ground (unless you're talking about the outer fields closer to the roundabout...

Campbelltown is a horrible ground. Boutique like some of the Qatar Asian Cup stadiums need to be built. Close to the action and a sense of comfort. That stadium in Otago is great.

Yes, I am aware. Just wondering if there is plans long term to move Brighton Homes Arena stuff (AFLW) to North Ipswich Reserve. It is not a rectangular ground (unless you're talking about the outer fields closer to the roundabout...
Hey Nic, the council want to rebuild it rectangular, to primarily give the Ipswich Jets another shot at joining the NRL. Also, for an A Leagues team to play there as well.
Brighton Homes Arena is to be refurbished as a larger round stadium, to also accommodate the men's Afl team.

Last edited:
Tarneit Stadium has royalty going there in round 2, being Mata of WSW. I hope there are sails put up on the far end above the temporary seating for fans, which would look neat and ofcourse incase of extreme heat or rain as the season goes on.

“We can’t build stadiums quick enough to satisfy all levels of the sport and it’s only going to get more challenging,” Boomers icon Andrew Gaze tells CODE Sports about Australian grassroots basketball.

“We see it at all different levels and we’re seeing it at the higher level where junior rep teams or NBL1 teams are struggling to find practice courts.

“Because the game is so popular from a participants standpoint, during the evenings, in the mornings, on the weekends, there’s very little court availability.”

Then there's the costs of junior high performance programs, which can be thousands of dollars.

“We’ve just got to be cautious and understanding what the consequences could be if we price people out of it, both from an economic standpoint but also from the talent we might be missing out on because it’s cost prohibitive,” Gaze warns.

🏀 A major roadblock in grassroots basketball is causing heartbreak for players and threatening ‘terrifying’ social consequences. It could also cost us the next Patty Mills, we discovered in Part I of a special report into the game at all levels 🏀

NOW FREE TO READ: bit.ly/3AAU7V0

I don't know the ins and outs but the gist I read from Simon Hill and Adam Peacock tweets is government funding and focus always ignores football while other sports get the red carpet.

Don't even need a thorough explanation as there is little to no evidence of facility improvement or new small grounds for the Roar among others being built.

I don't know the ins and outs but the gist I read from Simon Hill and Adam Peacock tweets is government funding and focus always ignores football while other sports get the red carpet.

Don't even need a thorough explanation as there is little to no evidence of facility improvement or new small grounds for the Roar among others being built.
Yep, that's exactly as it is, as I keep preaching about Canberra. Yes.. not exactly about facility improvement, but still valid point nontheless.

Football clubs in Sweden are professional clubs in club owned stadiums in an environment where they are a clear second to another sport. And, it's a very expensive country. They manage it because they understand they're good for 5,000 bums on seats, not pretending it should be 50,000.

Bravida Arena is the model we should have followed from the beginning instead of the 'fill Suncorp, one day, once' model. It may sound unrealistic to some, but consider that the staidum was built for 25 million AUD in 2015 dollars. Basically more than the accumulated losses of any AL club since its founding (and probably the equivalent of the amount of rent they've paid). Just the naming rights revenue forgone over that period is probably a quarter of the fucking thing paid off.

Last edited:
Football clubs in Sweden are professional clubs in club owned stadiums in an environment where they are a clear second to another sport. And, it's a very expensive country. They manage it because they understand they're good for 5,000 bums on seats, not pretending it should be 50,000.

Bravida Arena is the model we should have followed from the beginning instead of the 'fill Suncorp, one day, once' model. It may sound unrealistic to some, but consider that the staidum was built for 25 million AUD in 2015 dollars. Basically more than the accumulated losses of any AL club since its founding (and probably the equivalent of the amount of rent they've paid). Just the naming rights revenue forgone over that period is probably a quarter of the fucking thing paid off.
But where do the corporate suites and hospitality platinum clubs go? The boutique craft beer and Malaysian food trucks? The jumb-o-tron screen and the pyrotechnics rigs??? I know the Alegaue has "pif=voted" to no longer be an entertainment league but the license holders have to have a place to "host" their corporate sponsors.

But where do the corporate suites and hospitality platinum clubs go? The boutique craft beer and Malaysian food trucks? The jumb-o-tron screen and the pyrotechnics rigs??? I know the Alegaue has "pif=voted" to no longer be an entertainment league but the license holders have to have a place to "host" their corporate sponsors.
Corporate sponsors pay the bills, thus justifying the corporate lounges. The days of BBQ’s at the top end of town are over. Yes, still relevant in the lower leagues.

There's a boutique stadium in Brisbane called Perry Park. The State Government should have invested heavily in it to increase the capacity to 10,000.

It would male an ideal A League venue for the city’s major club Brisbane Strikers. If not the A League then a national second division if that ever gets off the ground.

I mean who wants tonsil in a cavernous 52,000 stadium with 6-7,000 others watching a game????

Back