Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Derby/ Club preference thread

JS96

Replies
We all support our teams but are there teams you have a sort spot for? Enjoy playing against? Relish the contest every season?

If I weren't a Hannover 96 supporter I think it'd be Eintracht Frankfurt. A great club who nowadays play excellent football.

The Franconian derby was today and I simply prefer Nürnberg over Fürth.

For the A League I'm a Mariners supporter having grown up on the Central Coast and family house still there today but if it hadn't been then definitely Adelaide. A gem for Australian football local talents. Top small ground.

Some derbies I'm not interested in but generally there'll be a team I'll swing towards as a neutral for some idiosyncratic reason.

Celtic-Rangers
Newcastle-Sunderland
Benfica-Sporting
Liverpool-Everton: Think it's Cahill and being a United fan as a kid.
Milan-Inter
Real Madrid-Barcelona
Bayern-1860
Tottenham-
Arsenal
West Ham-
Millwall
Hearts-
Hibernian
Sheffield United-Wednesday
Carlisle-
Barrow
HSV-
St Pauli: 96 Fan friendship but I don't buy it and watching Hamburg suffer is hilarious. AA at St Pauli has changed my feelings a bit.

Who do you prefer in certain match ups?

Great thread, Ill add a couple (with my pref) if you don't mind?

Celtic-Rangers
Newcastle-Sunderland
Benfica-Sporting (I think Porto-Benfica is a much bigger deal in Portugal --Robbo can you confirm?
Liverpool-Everton:
Liverpool-
Man Utd
Milan-Inter
Real Madrid-Barcelona
Bayern-1860
Tottenham-
Arsenal
West Ham-Millwall
Hearts-Hibernian
Panathinaikos
- Olympiacos
Red Star - Partizan
Ajax - Feyanoord
Lazio - Roma

Reactions: LFC
Games I'm right into and others I have long time interest......

APIA vs Stallions/SU58/SO
Some PL2/3 clubs
LFC vs Toffees/United/City nowdays
Manchester derby
Spurs vs Gooners
United vs Leeds back in the day - Rose's rivalry
Derby Della Madonnina
Juve vs Napoli
Roma vs Lazio
River Plate vs Boca
Hoops vs Rangers com si com sa if nothing else on - I really don't think much of SPL but this game has the vibe.
RM vs Barca
Zagbred vs Split
Rijeka vs Split

I just want Australia men and women's to win international so I follow the Aussies abroad and the upcoming talent in the league.

Obviously I support Melbourne city
Used to be a Liverpool fan but partner is from middlesbrough so I follow them more now

Games I'm right into and others I have long time interest......

APIA vs Stallions/SU58/SO
Some PL2/3 clubs
LFC vs Toffees/United/City nowdays
Manchester derby
Spurs vs Gooners
United vs Leeds back in the day - Rose's rivalry
Derby Della Madonnina
Juve vs Napoli
Roma vs Lazio
River Plate vs Boca
Hoops vs Rangers com si com sa if nothing else on - I really don't think much of SPL but this game has the vibe.
RM vs Barca
Zagbred vs Split
Rijeka vs Split
Boca - River
SO - APIA
Juve - Napoli
Zagreb- Split

I just want Australia men and women's to win international so I follow the Aussies abroad and the upcoming talent in the league.

Obviously I support Melbourne city
Used to be a Liverpool fan but partner is from middlesbrough so I follow them more now
What do you do when Australian men and or women are playing against each other?

Oh I go for Melbourne city but I enjoy watching all the teams to see the players that will go onto represent Australia.
Stop ducking and weaving dude. hahahahahahahahaha How do you go when your watching Hearts v Hibs for example? Is it "yay for football" or do you pick a side.... genuine question.

In the a-league I had a soft spot for Perth glory that started in the NSL era. The obvious factor was they showed what was possible but also sustained it unlike the spirit. Also, a lot of Adelaide city jumped ship to there during the d'ottavi era (memory fading me if I'm getting his name right), so they were kind of like my 1.5 team for a few years.

Teams I don't mind but don't support: arsenal, Tottenham. I find them unhatable. I remember Thierry Henry really doing the game a great service playing it so beautifully in that team.

Not so obvious nomination for team I fucking hate: Zbrojovka Brno. They're the only team in the city I live in. The second biggest city in the country. One team town. And absolutely shithouse. They got relegated to second tier and not far above the drop either. I have met someone through friends who played for them. I mean, met him 100 fucking times and have to tell him what my name is each time. I live on the same street as the shithole stadium. Not at all uncommon to smell ganja in this country but dead set, coming out the fucking window of this clubs changerooms. Fucking loser club in its DNA. I'll support banik Ostrava playing against this shit

Last edited:
In the a-league I had a soft spot for Perth glory that started in the NSL era. The obvious factor was they showed what was possible but also sustained it unlike the spirit. Also, a lot of Adelaide city jumped ship to there during the d'ottavi era (memory fading me if I'm getting his name right), so they were kind of like my 1.5 team for a few years.

Teams I don't mind but don't support: arsenal, Tottenham. I find them unhatable. I remember Thierry Henry really doing the game a great service playing it so beautifully in that team.

Not so obvious nomination for team I fucking hate: Zbrojovka Brno. They're the only team in the city I live in. The second biggest city in the country. One team town. And absolutely shithouse. They got relegated to second tier and not far above the drop either. I have met someone through friends who played for them. I mean, met him 100 fucking times and have to tell him what my name is each time. I live on the same street as the shithole stadium. Not at all uncommon to smell ganja in this country but dead set, coming out the fucking window of this clubs changerooms. Fucking loser club in its DNA. I'll support banik Ostrava playing against this shit
Spurs are not hated generally because they have hardly won anything for decades so I get that outlook.
Even I have a soft spot long before Ange, used to admire Hoddle/Adirles/Jennings/Waddle - 70/80's were epic.
I dislike Arse now haha but the Wenger/Henry tenure was brilliant viewing.
Wow the old Fire Arms town, your pretty passionate being against them.
Fascinating, whats the atmosphere like on game days ?

Back