Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

FIFA Club World Cup

AUD$80 million just for turning up. Are Auckland City about to become the richest club in OFC + Australia?

I didn't know where to put this thread, so feel free to move it. Auckland City are below A-League, but the competition is above it... so I dunno where it belongs haha.
Is that a different auckland to the one that joined the a league?

The club world cup makes oceania a bit more tempting. Its basically a free stadium every four years for the winner. Is the club world cup and easy qualification for the olympics and youth world cups outweighted by the asian cup and asian world cup qualifiers?

Is that a different auckland to the one that joined the a league?

The club world cup makes oceania a bit more tempting. Its basically a free stadium every four years for the winner. Is the club world cup and easy qualification for the olympics and youth world cups outweighted by the asian cup and asian world cup qualifiers?

Yeah Auckland City are in the NZNL:

I suppose one benefit of being in Asia is the better attended home matches growing the game. In the past, matches against Solomon Islands didn't really cut the mustard, and one match against a top opponent like Uruguay every four years also just isn't enough to sustain a football community.

But hell, now having at least $80 million every four years would be insane for our infrastructure and facilities.

Yeah Auckland City are in the NZNL:

I suppose one benefit of being in Asia is the better attended home matches growing the game. In the past, matches against Solomon Islands didn't really cut the mustard, and one match against a top opponent like Uruguay every four years also just isn't enough to sustain a football community.

But hell, now having at least $80 million every four years would be insane for our infrastructure and facilities.
Can our world cup qualification be through asia and the rest be through oceania? Haha

Back