Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

International Broadcasters

$200

Replies
Here's the official list of international broadcasters for the A-League if you want to watch the games legally: https://aleagues.com.au/more/where-to-watch-aleagues-overseas

Except a lot of times it's either inaccurate or the broadcaster would own the rights but choose not to actually stream anything. This year in USA for instance ESPN supposedly has them; except I don't see the games on their website. Same thing happened with Paramount last two years. There were a few years when ESPN+ had the games and it actually was working well.

Hopefully someone at FFA sees this and can figure things out. Otherwise it's back to VPN+Youtube again this year...

Considering the low cost and necessity of a VPN, the Youtube access is a godsend.

Considering the low cost and necessity of a VPN, the Youtube access is a godsend.
Yeah its been a golden era of a league watching for me, living abroad and having all matches on for free on youtube

I didn’t know it was on YouTube. As someone who is not in Australia, thank you guys so much for putting it out there.

VPN to Japan works well for YouTube. I'm in the Philippines but the YouTube stream is blocked here because one of the local pay TV channels shows A-League games.

From past experience, I also know that VPN to Japan works for Australian residents.

I use a Czech VPN. A list of countries where it works would be nice. In the end, it doesn't matter where you are as long as you connect to a VPN.

Here's the official list of international broadcasters for the A-League if you want to watch the games legally: https://aleagues.com.au/more/where-to-watch-aleagues-overseas

Except a lot of times it's either inaccurate or the broadcaster would own the rights but choose not to actually stream anything. This year in USA for instance ESPN supposedly has them; except I don't see the games on their website. Same thing happened with Paramount last two years. There were a few years when ESPN+ had the games and it actually was working well.

Hopefully someone at FFA sees this and can figure things out. Otherwise it's back to VPN+Youtube again this year...

Thank you.

I'm in Europe and geo blocked from paramount. I'll be home so so I won't bother with a VPN.

Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Can I just say I think you should pony up the $10 a month or whatever it is. The more subscribers, the more the deal is worth to the APL. The more the deal is worth the better it is for professional football in Australia.

If you're in Australia and using a VPN to watch it from another country you're effectively shooting yourself in the foot.

It's peanuts to subscribe. As Nike says, just do it.

Can I just say I think you should pony up the $10 a month or whatever it is. The more subscribers, the more the deal is worth to the APL. The more the deal is worth the better it is for professional football in Australia.

If you're in Australia and using a VPN to watch it from another country you're effectively shooting yourself in the foot.

I'll 2nd that. Was a 12 month deal earlier this month for under 50 bucks for LG TV owners. Turned out that due to some more P+ excellence you could get the deal without even owning an LG 😂

Does the APL make any money from overseas rights? Obviously excluding NZ and YouTube.

The TV Rights money the APL receive is based on how many subscriptions the game bring to Paramount. Paramount Plus isn't perfect, but no one else wants us right now. $10 per month is less than a pint.

I'll 2nd that. Was a 12 month deal earlier this month for under 50 bucks for LG TV owners. Turned out that due to some more P+ excellence you could get the deal without even owning an LG 😂

The last couple of years there has been a 50% special for a yearly subscription around Black Friday.

By the way, for US at least the round 1 games were live on Youtube without needing a VPN. Much appreciated.

Back