Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Paramount Plus season 24/25

Replies
Let’s see how Paramount Plus goes this season.

As a whole it has been a poor service (for football, the general content it has is pretty good for the price), but it made some slight improvements last season (rewind and pause available, stable streams depending on your device).

I would also like them to improve their pre and post game shows, but maybe that will come as the league improves. The commentary is done from a studio which often comes out as bland.

I have a number of devices around the house, here is my take:

Fetch TV - do not use. Frame rate, stability and picture quality is horrible. What’s funny is that at the start of the Paramount deal, the Fetch TV was the only device that worked properly.

Apple TV 4K - The gold standard for a-league coverage. Streams load quickly and never drop in quality. Pause and rewind work perfectly.

CCWGTV HD (not 4K which has a faster processor and may not have these issues) - No good. The picture starts lagging every 20 seconds and then corrects itself. This device is old now and Google have released an updated product.

I did lodge a ticket with Paramount and after 3 months they got back to me and said they know there is a problem for some users but they don’t know how to fix it.

Google TV (on a Sony) - Works pretty well. When they brought in ‘pause and rewind’ the app had the same problem as my CCWGTV but they managed to fix it.

Hubbl - I got given one of these for free and watched live Asian Champions league on it the other week. The Hubbl is slow but once you eventually open a stream it is pretty stable. I did notice audio sometimes dropping but they could be the source.

Let’s hope for an interruption free season!

Let’s see how Paramount Plus goes this season.

As a whole it has been a poor service (for football, the general content it has is pretty good for the price), but it made some slight improvements last season (rewind and pause available, stable streams depending on your device).

I would also like them to improve their pre and post game shows, but maybe that will come as the league improves. The commentary is done from a studio which often comes out as bland.

I have a number of devices around the house, here is my take:

Fetch TV - do not use. Frame rate, stability and picture quality is horrible. What’s funny is that at the start of the Paramount deal, the Fetch TV was the only device that worked properly.

Apple TV 4K - The gold standard for a-league coverage. Streams load quickly and never drop in quality. Pause and rewind work perfectly.

CCWGTV HD (not 4K which has a faster processor and may not have these issues) - No good. The picture starts lagging every 20 seconds and then corrects itself. This device is old now and Google have released an updated product.

I did lodge a ticket with Paramount and after 3 months they got back to me and said they know there is a problem for some users but they don’t know how to fix it.

Google TV (on a Sony) - Works pretty well. When they brought in ‘pause and rewind’ the app had the same problem as my CCWGTV but they managed to fix it.

Hubbl - I got given one of these for free and watched live Asian Champions league on it the other week. The Hubbl is slow but once you eventually open a stream it is pretty stable. I did notice audio sometimes dropping but they could be the source.

Let’s hope for an interruption free season!

what about a windows PC? does it work on that? Is there any reason why Apple TV would be gold standard by comparison?

Haven’t tried it on PC.

The Apple TV has been flawless for me for the past 3 seasons. Everything just works. The Apple TV has the best hardware/specs (but you are paying for it).

I have used the Hubbl as well this weekend and the stream was stable but when I tried to pause and rewind the whole thing crashed.

Haven’t tried it on PC.

The Apple TV has been flawless for me for the past 3 seasons. Everything just works. The Apple TV has the best hardware/specs (but you are paying for it).

I have used the Hubbl as well this weekend and the stream was stable but when I tried to pause and rewind the whole thing crashed.
What connection speed do you have. I recently ditched the liberal fttn for 1000Mbps fttp and life is much better now with the Samsung tv app.

For some reason I always seem to bypass these issues I hear everyone constantly having with football streaming in the country. First it was Optus and the 2018 World Cup, now all this stuff with Paramount. Must be all the internet being stored in Canberra for the politicians

We have an older Samsung TV about 12 years old. It's a brilliant TV still looks brand new so we don't want to upgrade. Unfortunately Telstra TV is shutting down next week and forcing users to find other options. Were going with Fetch over Hubbl after reading all the attrocious reviews of Hubbl. Hoping to not have any issues with Paramount.

We have an older Samsung TV about 12 years old. It's a brilliant TV still looks brand new so we don't want to upgrade. Unfortunately Telstra TV is shutting down next week and forcing users to find other options. Were going with Fetch over Hubbl after reading all the attrocious reviews of Hubbl. Hoping to not have any issues with Paramount.
Never liked the appeal of a Fetch/Hubbl box to be honest. Whilst they run through Hubbl, Kayo and Binge are great alternative subscriptions to Foxtel (same content and owners but at a better price essentially).

For my older TV that doesn't have the smart functionality, I've found a Google Chromecast + TV add on to work well. You should be able to get one for around $100 with no further ongoing costs (Except for your subscriptions), and it has it's own remote control, so no need to fiddle with linking your phone etc (other than the initial set up)

Never liked the appeal of a Fetch/Hubbl box to be honest. Whilst they run through Hubbl, Kayo and Binge are great alternative subscriptions to Foxtel (same content and owners but at a better price essentially).

For my older TV that doesn't have the smart functionality, I've found a Google Chromecast + TV add on to work well. You should be able to get one for around $100 with no further ongoing costs (Except for your subscriptions), and it has it's own remote control, so no need to fiddle with linking your phone etc (other than the initial set up)
As I get older I swear technology is passing me by 😅

With Google Chromecast can you still get all the free to air channels without an aerial?

Thumbs up for Chromecast from me as well. Works great. GUI is good. Apps get updated regularly.
All those setup box solutions are a bit half arsed. Usually overpriced for the hardware and lack regular software updates.

As I get older I swear technology is passing me by 😅

With Google Chromecast can you still get all the free to air channels without an aerial?
Correct, you can! You will have to download all the apps for each FTA channel:
  • 9Now
  • 7plus
  • 10play
  • ABC iView
  • SBS on Demand
I'm not sure about live channels for SBS, and I'm about 50% sure from memory on ABC, but 9, 7 and 10 definitely (including all multichannels and then some - 7 for example has - or at least had - a couple channels exclusively for old ATCC/V8 Supercar races)

Back