Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sydney fc vs sanfrecce

Christ such a deep high cross and the first time strike was spot on !
Impressive.
These guys look way sharper

gee that was a high level game. Honestly not too different to a top belgium, dutch or even french league game

Thought sfc a bit unlucky to be behind here

Sydney certainly a bit stiff to not be level. Hopefully they can keep up the intensity in the second half.

Yes unlucky but not surprised - Grant !
Got to say it’s the Costa show.
His cross’s are dynamite into the zone.

did many watch this game ?

Costa is good viewing - key figure already for SFC.
Sena is a good mobile mid as well.
I see SFC's backline is their weak link against sides like Hiro.
Damn these guys like playing direct alot last night.
Yes some say SFC unlucky, well you got to put 1 or 2 chances away eh.
Don't think its very harsh grazor - like I said they didn't take enough of their chances.

Wasn’t a bad game from Sydney considering the J League season is at the tail end and Sanfrecce should be a lot sharper. Just need to take those chances.

I do think the A-League starting later than a lot of the other Asian leagues puts us on the back foot from the get go.

did many watch this game ?

Costa is good viewing - key figure already for SFC.
Sena is a good mobile mid as well.
I see SFC's backline is their weak link against sides like Hiro.
Damn these guys like playing direct alot last night.
Yes some say SFC unlucky, well you got to put 1 or 2 chances away eh.
Don't think its very harsh grazor - like I said they didn't take enough of their chances.
I watched most of it. Like others have said, I was also pleasantly surprised by how sharp Sydney looked. I was expecting Sanfrecce to completely play them off the park, but if SFC had been sharper in the final third, they could well have had 3 points.

The first goal of Sanfrecce's was top shelf, and really broke the momentum SFC were building.

yes that first goal, the volley was a rippa.
I actually couldn't believe how sweet the connection was for I never expected that haha

Match Statistics:​

Sanfrecce Hiroshima Stat Sydney
2 Goals 1
11 Shots 16
4 Shots on Goal 5
3 Corners 4
21 Fouls 13
2 Yellow Cards 3
0 Red Cards 0
322 Total Passes 516
73% Pass Accuracy 81%
40% Possession 60%

Sydney were so impressive last night. Sanfrecce are close to winning the Jleague and Sydney really dictated a lot of the play. 60% possession and 200 more passes. Quite scary for the rest of A-Liga that they are really only a couple of games playing together.

BTW thanks for setting up the forum.

That's BS. Mariners and now Sydney fc lost. Some are happy with losing. Two new players for Sydney, the team knows each other inside out. Disappointing losses all round, disappointing for this league.

Back