Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

NPL 2025

Remove all Aleague academy sides from the NPL. Problem solved.

Would that create another problem, though? Having them playing in federation football against strong senior men's teams seems to improving our youth better than back in the NYL against boys.

I'm not at all backing Cavalucci here, and academy sides should be relegated inline with other clubs. And I'm not sure fed run teams and the way forward. I just think the youth sides playing NPL/SL is an obvious success and not the problem. It's done throughout many successful football systems around the world.

Would that create another problem, though? Having them playing in federation football against strong senior men's teams seems to improving our youth better than back in the NYL against boys.

I'm not at all backing Cavalucci here, and academy sides should be relegated inline with other clubs. And I'm not sure fed run teams and the way forward. I just think the youth sides playing NPL/SL is an obvious success and not the problem. It's done throughout many successful football systems around the world.
There was no problems before the AL academy sides were in NPL.

Then they come in, throwing their weight around and cause chaos. I recall Sydney FC academy gaining access to NPL1 just because. Then when the NPL clubs complained FNSW made WSW & CCM start in NPL2 and then Jets later on in NPL3. There is no structure and federations bend over for AL clubs and create rules as they go.

Like I said, send them back to NYL or play by the rules without the backing or help of federations. But we all know why NYL doesn't exist, $$$.

Then they come in, throwing their weight around and cause chaos. I recall Sydney FC academy gaining access to NPL1 just because. Then when the NPL clubs complained FNSW made WSW & CCM start in NPL2 and then Jets later on in NPL3. There is no structure and federations bend over for AL clubs and create rules as they go.

Like I said, send them back to NYL or play by the rules without the backing or help of federations. But we all know why NYL doesn't exist, $$$.
DAMN FUCKIN STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well yeah, I agree with all that and play by the rules. But that's not what you said before. Never mind.

isn't it done by starting from the bottom and earn promotion Guus.
Naturally thats why its successful, more so you play by what the system is/offers.
Being thrown a free ride card straight to the top league is sacrilidge and a slap in the face to all the Clubs full stop period no matter how good it is for them mixing it with seasoned Snrs for obviously that is a benefit but yer, not frigging fair.
Those damn Bulls buy into a northern sydney suburbs club that worked for years and years to gain promotion into NPL1 finally.
They kick out the whole squad many who worked last 5yrs earning the right only to be filled by their U23's.
Seriously GTFO APL and the Feds being bent over allowing it.

Well yeah, I agree with all that and play by the rules. But that's not what you said before. Never mind.
I personally would like to see them all out of the NPL. But I know it will never happen as the NPL is better suited for them then it is NYL, financially and competitiveness.

Anyways, carry on.

isn't it done by starting from the bottom and earn promotion Guus.
Naturally thats why its successful, more so you play by what the system is/offers.
Totally agree mate, not what I was disputing. Removing them altogether was. But I know we're all in the same page of "wants vs needs", the life of an Australian football fan haha.

Back