Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Australian National Football Team General Discussion*OFFICIAL*

yep no big deal MSC - robbos yep, 17yrs, abroad, the first genuine aussie breaking ground, like seriously and so taken out of context as spoken by the man.
His playing record should be damn applauded.
Sorry not on subject but some should read.

Volpato - don't blame him having "dreams", has said some stooopid youthful quotes, doesn't effect me or our NT, lets move on.

Watching the A League over the weekend I was pretty disappointed to notice Brattan had come in ahead of someone like Thurgate or Hollman. Two very good tacklers and distributors of the ball. Like Geria, there has to be a couple of other tidy A League players what wouldn't look out of place for the national team.

We're referring to every single media outlet and commentator talking about him every single Socceroos game. Plus the Oliver Twist's in the Australian online football community holding out the Socceroos begging bowl, please sir can you spare some time for your country?
I havent noticed that but maybe its because im overseas. He would balance the team which is a reason to want him (and maybe a source of media wanting him. It is a bit like having a duel national rb given our current stock) Robbo is mooy like in that he can playmake from deep but volpato is rogic like in that he can cause heafachrs in z14 (although he is playing on the wing). They are both more mobile too. We have a lot of players comfortable in z14 if you look at those born 2008ish. So if u wait long enough we might be ok. Jelacic is another option if he comes good

Agreed Quicky and there was one before Volpato long before SM and news on tap like today.
Roo/Craig Johnston, he also suffered the young kid foot and mouth prob at a press conference and never lived it down and some supporters will never forgive him as well.
The way I see it Volpato has the split identity challenge many of us born from migrants have imo, not all but many do.
Leave it be I say, he'll find his place sooner or later hold nothing against him holding out till he's ready with us or not, like why care.
Its certainly not a crime having a split identity. Id hate my kids to get heat for being conflicted on aussie v english

I'm an optimist.

Luongo has a listed return of early November, with the match on the 14 November.

The FA comments re: Robbo's paperwork made it sound like a minor issue so I remain hopeful.
Would love to see how we go with a Luongo | Robbo midfield

Back