Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The NST Thread

HappyGuus

Replies
Let's kick it off with the latest news:

NST.jpg

The incompetence of the FA seems fine to you? Lol
I mean there is always 2 ways of looking at it right? Given the cattle we have a point in Japan is huge. Given the cattle we have in admin, even meagre progress and communication is great news. With the APL having so many votes on the board and state league feds having some anti NST voices in Pignata in FT and FQ.....

The incompetence of the FA seems fine to you? Lol
Explain how they are incompetent in this regard , they have proposed a format for the new league and the clubs that are involved at this juncture seem happy with it. It may not be happening as quickly as you would like but that doesn’t make them incompetent.

Just contacted South Hobart FC the other day for another forum member conducting research.

I'm interested to know the current status regarding their application for AL 2, but forgot to ask the SH Tech Dir about the state of play. If the TD doesn't respond to my email, I'll ring again, and find out the latest news about the AL 2 campaign.

I've seen it written that there have often been threads in Inside Sport that have resulted in A L versus NPL. This is counterproductive. The sooner we have promo/relegation between AL and AL 2 the better. I've played for two NPL clubs, one a traditional ethnic one, and coached at another traditional ethnic NPL club.

Just contacted South Hobart FC the other day for another forum member conducting research.

I'm interested to know the current status regarding their application for AL 2, but forgot to ask the SH Tech Dir about the state of play. If the TD doesn't respond to my email, I'll ring again, and find out the latest news about the AL 2 campaign.

I've seen it written that there have often been threads in Inside Sport that have resulted in A L versus NPL. This is counterproductive. The sooner we have promo/relegation between AL and AL 2 the better. I've played for two NPL clubs, one a traditional ethnic one, and coached at another traditional ethnic NPL club.
would love to know how that feud between south hobart and tony pignata plays out since the nst requires 4 states (which is a weird requirement)

keep us updated!

I think the Tassie team and a few from Queensland would be next. It sounds like the clubs in SA don't have enough money, unless that joint bid of theirs gets up.

Explain how they are incompetent in this regard , they have proposed a format for the new league and the clubs that are involved at this juncture seem happy with it. It may not be happening as quickly as you would like but that doesn’t make them incompetent.
The lack of drive and communication suggests they are. The clubs did what was asked of them by the FA in the deadlines provided.
Once it was time to revert back to the clubs the FA dropped the ball.

I was once excited about the prospect of a NSD, but the longer it has dragged on with the uncertainty and lack of communication now I'm thankful it won't go ahead as planned.

Happy to continue in the NPL with the odd Australia Cup game against AL opposition

The FA like to make it sound like the NSD is just a little delayed, but the NSD discussions first kicked off in 2017 - over 7 years ago. Here's an article from back then. How much have we moved on? I think we've gone backwards - especially in promotion and relegation, which I'm starting to believe will never happen.
https://www.cornerflag.com.au/the-championship-australias-national-2nd-division/

Here's the first 3 Paragraphs from the article penned in October 2017 by Skip Fulton
“One small step for clubs, one giant leap for football”. That’s the tag line used today by Rabieh Krayem, Chairman of the Association of Australian Football Clubs (AAFC) in announcing the organisation’s blueprint for a national second division.

Dubbed The Championship and targeted for implementation alongside the 2019-2020 A-League Season, the framework documents a structured approach to the development of the new division representing both men’s and women’s football. The vision includes not just the second tier of national football in Australia, but also the introduction of promotion and relegation after five years.

The AAFC has been working on the framework behind the scenes and its release today meets one of the six objectives the organisation set when it was formed in March this year. Krayem detailed three reasons for the new divisions saying “First, we need it from a football perspective. The best way to improve the quality of football and our international competitiveness is to give young players more, and higher standard, game time.”

The lack of drive and communication suggests they are. The clubs did what was asked of them by the FA in the deadlines provided.
Once it was time to revert back to the clubs the FA dropped the ball.

I was once excited about the prospect of a NSD, but the longer it has dragged on with the uncertainty and lack of communication now I'm thankful it won't go ahead as planned.

Happy to continue in the NPL with the odd Australia Cup game against AL opposition
Im in the same boat as Beretta now.....

Im in the same boat as Beretta now.....
Like everyone else I am keen for the NST/NSD/CHAMPIONSHIP to get started and people are getting impatient but I don’t believe FA are responsible for the processes dragging on.
The eight foundation clubs were announced in November 2023, FA decided that 10 to 12 clubs were needed to make it worthwhile.
They then started a second RFP phase in February 2024 this concluded in June 2024. This phase seemingly did not identify the required 2 to 4 clubs. A meeting took place with the original 8 clubs to discuss the situation in August 2024.
Obviously there are not enough clubs to run a home/away competition so a compromise has seemingly been reached for a round robin tournament to be held after the completion of the 2025 NPL season. The reference to the process starting in 2017 is erroneous as the old FFA did not give it the green light until June 2019 . Given the upheavals since then (including covid) I don’t think the timeline is at all ‘outrageous’.

That’s my take on it anyway.

Like everyone else I am keen for the NST/NSD/CHAMPIONSHIP to get started and people are getting impatient but I don’t believe FA are responsible for the processes dragging on.
The eight foundation clubs were announced in November 2023, FA decided that 10 to 12 clubs were needed to make it worthwhile.
They then started a second RFP phase in February 2024 this concluded in June 2024. This phase seemingly did not identify the required 2 to 4 clubs. A meeting took place with the original 8 clubs to discuss the situation in August 2024.
Obviously there are not enough clubs to run a home/away competition so a compromise has seemingly been reached for a round robin tournament to be held after the completion of the 2025 NPL season. The reference to the process starting in 2017 is erroneous as the old FFA did not give it the green light until June 2019 . Given the upheavals since then (including covid) I don’t think the timeline is at all ‘outrageous’.

That’s my take on it anyway.
Not sure the end of season compromise has materialised yet.. FA may very well run it but I don't think the "foundation 8" will participate, at least the Melbourne ones... Timeline is beyond outrageous, at the very least an announcement HAS to be made soon, as another poster mentions above any sort of "hype" from 12 months ago announcement of 8 foundation clubs has now well and truly died down...

We few hardy souls on a football forum are hardly a drop in the ocean to the the hundreds of thousands of football fans out there that would only get info on this in snippets... Former South fans I know where excited about a second division 2 years ago, less so 1 year ago and now flat out don't believe me that it will ever happen in our lifetime.... that loss of opportunity to bring people back to these clubs is solely at the feet of FA...

Not sure the end of season compromise has materialised yet.. FA may very well run it but I don't think the "foundation 8" will participate, at least the Melbourne ones... Timeline is beyond outrageous, at the very least an announcement HAS to be made soon, as another poster mentions above any sort of "hype" from 12 months ago announcement of 8 foundation clubs has now well and truly died down...

We few hardy souls on a football forum are hardly a drop in the ocean to the the hundreds of thousands of football fans out there that would only get info on this in snippets... Former South fans I know where excited about a second division 2 years ago, less so 1 year ago and now flat out don't believe me that it will ever happen in our lifetime.... that loss of opportunity to bring people back to these clubs is solely at the feet of FA...
Yes, I know football fans are not the most patient people but just ‘giving up the ghost’ isn’t the best way to deal with things.
Believe me, when the new competition gets going we will all be thankful that FA persisted with it.😁👍

Yes, I know football fans are not the most patient people but just ‘giving up the ghost’ isn’t the best way to deal with things.
Believe me, when the new competition gets going we will all be thankful that FA persisted with it.😁👍
Its not so much giving up the ghost mate, an end of season, 2 to 4 week mini tournament will cost as much as a full h/a season for clubs NOT in Sydney (and you can bet your bottom dollar it WILL be in Sydney) . For this clubs lose any potential sponsorship income, any potential attendance income, any chance of hiring back room staff , coaches, admin etc... its doesn t make football OR financial sense....

Its not so much giving up the ghost mate, an end of season, 2 to 4 week mini tournament will cost as much as a full h/a season for clubs NOT in Sydney (and you can bet your bottom dollar it WILL be in Sydney) . For this clubs lose any potential sponsorship income, any potential attendance income, any chance of hiring back room staff , coaches, admin etc... its doesn t make football OR financial sense....
You’ve made a lot of assumptions there but let’s wait and see what transpires although if none of the Melbourne clubs will participate (as you alluded to) then I guess it will be a NSW only tournament.😏

You’ve made a lot of assumptions there but let’s wait and see what transpires although if none of the Melbourne clubs will participate (as you alluded to) then I guess it will be a NSW only tournament.😏
Well this is what was assured by certain "sources" at both South and Preston ... I believe Avondale feel the same way but I don't have ANY connection with anyone there so can't be sure....

Well this is what was assured by certain "sources" at both South and Preston ... I believe Avondale feel the same way but I don't have ANY connection with anyone there so can't be sure....
All good, hopefully we can catch up sometime in the future when SMFC meet the Mariners (maybe in an end of season tournament or something. 👍😂

Whatever concoction they come up with next year, I'll still watch it all haha. I'm still pissed off that we're not where we should be, but I'm just an Aus football fan and will watch anything haha

Back