Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The NST Thread

Whatever concoction they come up with next year, I'll still watch it all haha. I'm still pissed off that we're not where we should be, but I'm just an Aus football fan and will watch anything haha
Yeall I'll watch and probably bloody even go if South are in it..... but I won't enjoy myself... lol

Its not so much giving up the ghost mate, an end of season, 2 to 4 week mini tournament will cost as much as a full h/a season for clubs NOT in Sydney (and you can bet your bottom dollar it WILL be in Sydney) . For this clubs lose any potential sponsorship income, any potential attendance income, any chance of hiring back room staff , coaches, admin etc... its doesn t make football OR financial sense....
The end of season tournament sounds like a glorified NPL Championship that lasted for about 5 years and that was scrapped during covid and never returned.

Per Mike's Media Agency. Galatas said FA might make an announcement this week. No H&A season in 2025, they are still deciding on a CL model to run post 2025 NPL season. All foundation clubs will participate.

Per Mike's Media Agency. Galatas said FA might make an announcement this week. No H&A season in 2025, they are still deciding on a CL model to run post 2025 NPL season. All foundation clubs will participate.
I hate the ndas and wish we knew which clubs are being considered for the final 2 and what their stumbling blocks are

Nick Galatas was on 3XY last night .... Im getting sick of "waiting for an announcement" whatever happens happens now, Im just worried about the season inf ront of us, stuff the FA and their can kicking.

Nick Galatas was on 3XY last night .... Im getting sick of "waiting for an announcement" whatever happens happens now, Im just worried about the season inf ront of us, stuff the FA and their can kicking.
Are these 3xy shows available online or as a podcast anywhere? I'd love to have a listen.

And does that all fit in the NPL salary cap or do the 'champions league' clubs now have license to pay a 'champions league' squad and mop the floor with the NPL competition as a starter each year?

Diabolical

And does that all fit in the NPL salary cap or do the 'champions league' clubs now have license to pay a 'champions league' squad and mop the floor with the NPL competition as a starter each year?

Diabolical
Didnt the npl salary cap (aka player points system) just get scrapped?

Didnt the npl salary cap (aka player points system) just get scrapped?
Yes the points system was scrapped this year with the new system being possibly worse. I don't know if you would call the point system a salary cap though, however I'm not sure on how it completely worked. It will be interesting to see if teams pull a Heidelberg and sign someone only for the tournament.

Back