Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Forum rules and further recruitment

Decentric

Replies
It isn't a bad idea to have forum rules. Racism, sexism, misogny, can be issues. Kevin Airs, 442 site owner, until 4 years ago, despised them on 442.

I've been on a lot of mod panels ( none now, and don't want any more) and the better ones work with a consistent set of rules and adhering to them.

One rule that Kevin Airs adhered to on 442 was play the ball, not the man - no personal attacks. 'Attack the idea, not the person,' was KA's mantra. Kevin always said passionate debates are needed, with posters disagreeing about football, and that a lively exchange of different opinions generates further discussion about football.

Also, is there a provision to stop multi accounts or sock puppets? 20 odd other posters on FTBL Forum have been accused of being me, which most must have thought was really weird, particularly when they were new members. Pasquali is it possible to only participate on here with one IP address, to stop multis?

It isn't a bad idea to recruit as many FTBL Forum members as possible, before it closes. Or /and get this site name out there on FTBL forum, so if it suddenly closes, they know where to come. As we all know forums need a steady supply of new blood.

It isn't a bad idea to have contact with a few posters off forums, if someone has a problem registering on this one. I think Quicky said he tried 5 times before it worked! I would have given up.The advantage over Reddit and Roar, is the immediacy of the post on Green and Gold FC.

I participate on a few Whirlpool Forums, but not football. Will post on the Whirlpool football forum ( only allowed to post the same length or longer as the quote quoted, and not post more than three consecutive posts ) to check this one out. I'll wait until we get more members and more traffic.

What do others think about suggesting on Football Aus FB page to check out Green and Gold? I use FB but don't tend to post on Aus Football FB because I have to use my real name.

It isn't a bad idea to recruit as many FTBL Forum members as possible, before it closes. Or /and get this site name out there on FTBL forum, so if it suddenly closes, they know where to come. As we all know forums need a steady supply of new blood.

It isn't a bad idea to have contact with a few posters off forums, if someone has a problem registering on this one. I think Quicky said he tried 5 times before it worked! I would have given up.The advantage over Reddit and Roar, is the immediacy of the post on Green and Gold FC.

I participate on a few Whirlpool Forums, but not football. Will post on the Whirlpool football forum ( only allowed to post the same length or longer as the quote quoted, and not post more than three consecutive posts ) to check this one out. I'll wait until we get more members and more traffic.

What do others think about suggesting on Football Aus FB page to check out Green and Gold? I use FB but don't tend to post on Aus Football FB because I have to use my real name.
At the moment I am focusing on improving the UI, more than I am recruiting. Once I am finished with the development then I will look at promoting the site.

For example right now we don’t have an original logo, however I have sent the logo we cooked up on insidesport to a professional to work on and improve.

Hoping that I can finish the menus soon, here is a preview

Attachments

• IMG_9443.png
    IMG_9443.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 7
One of the posters on both forums, has expressed the view it is distasteful to try and overtly recruit new members on FTBL Forum.

This would have more merit, if the current Inside Sport Admin cared. By their deeds they don't.

Poor Bowden is working his butt off deleting all the spam.

There will be a view held to stay on FTBL Forum till it dies. Given the history of the TWGF about 16 years ago, I think it is better to jump ship and build this forum now. The Green and Gold functions work much better than current FTBL Forum. I just tried to edit a number of posts there, and the edit function wouldn't work.

Green and Gold has an active site owner, which FTBL Forum hasn't had since Kevin Airs sold it.

At the moment I am focusing on improving the UI, more than I am recruiting. Once I am finished with the development then I will look at promoting the site.

For example right now we don’t have an original logo, however I have sent the logo we cooked up on insidesport to a professional to work on and improve.

Hoping that I can finish the menus soon, here is a preview
Bowden being a mod from day 1 would probably ease the load?
No issues so far mind u

Reactions: Muz
I have to stress the importance of moderating multi behaviour. Unfortunately, there's no easy way of doing this via ips because this isn't 1994 and we're not all one guy with a static ip on the one cable connection in the country, nor are there about 400 isps that you can just say fuckit and ban a whole isp to get rid of someone.

Can't be done based on emails either because back in the day, you could reliably say 'no free email' except now everyone uses gmail basically.

I would say it just needs to be actively monitored and based on the less scientific 'feel' that if it's not really a legitimate person, it just as to bloody go.

Multis killed TWG/442.

I've been on a lot of mod panels ( none now, and don't want any more) and the better ones work with a consistent set of rules and adhering to them.
I've been a mod on plenty and 3 basic things you need is 1. mod cares and is actually around and 2. mod follows the rules themself and 3. not there solely to enforce personal bias

That Brenton1986 guy who posts fixtures for local and international competitions should come over as well. He's a better resource than the state and national federations put together for letting people know when matches are on as well.

I see Kevin Airs is now working on Mail online?

Australia's biggest English hating Scottish Marxist working for a right wing English newspaper website....

Hahahahha

This is an example from another forum:

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which:

• is dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • is hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • misinformation or disinformation,
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,
  • is spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity (including illegal drug use, buying, selling etc),
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of others,

The full terms of service is a big legal document written by lawyers.

One of the posters on both forums, has expressed the view it is distasteful to try and overtly recruit new members on FTBL Forum.

This would have more merit, if the current Inside Sport Admin cared. By their deeds they don't.

Poor Bowden is working his butt off deleting all the spam.

There will be a view held to stay on FTBL Forum till it dies. Given the history of the TWGF about 16 years ago, I think it is better to jump ship and build this forum now. The Green and Gold functions work much better than current FTBL Forum. I just tried to edit a number of posts there, and the edit function wouldn't work.

Green and Gold has an active site owner, which FTBL Forum hasn't had since Kevin Airs sold it.

You misunderstood my issue with it. I don't care about the owners of FTBL and agree it has been neglected. I was thinking about Bowden and the community of active posters that may wish to stay there. I think something needed to be done and its good to have an alternative to FTBL. I also appreciate Pasquali's initiative setting it up. It's why I contributed ideas and signed up. I just think soliciting posters that way lacked decorum.

• defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,
  • is spam or spam-like,
  • encourages unlawful activity (including illegal drug use, buying, selling etc),

+ No mod abuse

Last edited:
New forum. Same old waffle by the same old clown. Piss off idiot. This is not your forum. Contribute if you want but it's not all about you.

If you want some overly sanitised love fest then start up your own Facebook group or forum.

Been on this forum 5 minutes and it's polluted with the same old, same old garbage from Mr Milieu.

Also, is there a provision to stop multi accounts or sock puppets? 20 odd other posters on FTBL Forum have been accused of being me, which most must have thought was really weird, particularly when they were new members. Pasquali is it possible to only participate on here with one IP address, to stop multis?
Accused you because time and time again it was proven to be you.

• defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,
  • is spam or spam-like,

What?

'Likely to offend'?

Beg your pardon?

That's very broad. Offence is taken not given.

Some blokes have thick skin others have thin skin and glass jaws. Provided you're not an outright c#nt then let the discussion fall where it may. (IMO.)

Robust, argumentative discussion and friction between posters makes great entertainment sometimes as long as it doesn't devolve too much.

What?

'Likely to offend'?

Beg your pardon?

That's very broad. Offence is taken not given.

Some blokes have thick skin others have thin skin and glass jaws. Provided you're not an outright c#nt then let the discussion fall where it may. (IMO.)

Robust, argumentative discussion and friction between posters makes great entertainment sometimes as long as it doesn't devolve too much.
I'm not advocating for those rules just giving an example to consider. Agree that ones a bit loose.

Back