Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Forum rules and further recruitment

What?

'Likely to offend'?

Beg your pardon?

That's very broad. Offence is taken not given.

Some blokes have thick skin others have thin skin and glass jaws. Provided you're not an outright c#nt then let the discussion fall where it may. (IMO.)

Robust, argumentative discussion and friction between posters makes great entertainment sometimes as long as it doesn't devolve too much.

What do you make of these rules? Had ChatGPT write them for me

This is an example from another forum:

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which:

• is dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • is hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • misinformation or disinformation,
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,
  • is spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity (including illegal drug use, buying, selling etc),
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of others,

The full terms of service is a big legal document written by lawyers.
I used this and chatgpt to make the rules, what do you think?

Any chance you can not be notified of new replies as the default rather than having to 'unwatch' individual threads or am I doing something wrong?

They're fine mate. You can always tweak them later. Let's be honest, in reality they could say anything. It's whatever the mods decide at the end of the day but they're a good starting point.

Any chance you can not be notified of new replies as the default rather than having to 'unwatch' individual threads or am I doing something wrong?
Go to preferences. From there it won’t unwatch anything though it will just stop new watches. I’ve set it so new accounts have this by default. Not sure if yours has now

Reactions: Muz
yes... anyway how do we like the new grey background?
I like the whole thing dude, seriously an amazing job ... well done.. Sadly Inside Sport is a ghost town... I follow the herd and thankfully this new start maybe the spark to get a good little community going again with some decent convos... Really enjoyable distraction for me with an otherwise busy life... Popping in and out all day for a snipe or a chat is brilliant. Thanks again.

Are you suggesting that Decentric would not have done a stellar job?

He seems to know a lot about a lot of stuff and appears to be honest and sincere.

But thank you Pasqali for clearing that up.

Fuck me. Are you joking?

Are you a Decentric multi? Have you set them up already? Not surprised to be honest.

Go to preferences. From there it won’t unwatch anything though it will just stop new watches. I’ve set it so new accounts have this by default. Not sure if yours has now

Thanks mate. You've done an unreal job here.

Based on the traffic and ease of use here I'm thinking the other site will be pretty much unused shortly.

Thanks for sorting out the default stuff too.

Also apologies for bringing over my beef with decentric but I can't stand by while he's pontificating from on high.

He literally could wreck this new enterprise of yours if he gets too much input.

Keep up the great work.

Apart from Bowden some mod suggestions

Would be nice to have someone in a euro timezone. JohnSazs is a good option and seems level headed and drama free

Would be nice to have someone who is level headed and covers women's football. Chrondo comes to mind

Would also be nice to have Joffa back if he can be tracked down

I like it. Very succinct and easy to understand.

I'm not sure on an appropriate age limit to start posting, I would need to look at that more.

Back