Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

A-League Mens 24/25 - Round 1

Are you sure no other major sports. Rugby is big in Scotland, Italy, France, handball is also big in many European countries, so is Basketball, Ice Hockey in the Northern Euro countries. Cycling, Tennis also massive in European countries.

Are you sure no other major sports. Rugby is big in Scotland, Italy, France, handball is also big in many European countries, so is Basketball, Ice Hockey in the Northern Euro countries. Cycling, Tennis also massive in European countries.

Rugby is not big, especially when comparing to AFL etc. Tennis and Cycling don't have domestic leagues to follow.

Football is essentially the number one sport in every European and South American country so they get majority investment.

USA is who we should compare too.

NFL, MLB, NHL and NBA.

AFL, NRL and Cricket.

Our current attendances are fine.

The league just needs $$$ investment which it isn't getting. Look at the money pumped in to the arab leagues, japan, MLS.

Rugby is not big, especially when comparing to AFL etc. Tennis and Cycling don't have domestic leagues to follow.

Football is essentially the number one sport in every European and South American country so they get majority investment.

NFL, MLB, NHL and NBA.

AFL, NRL and Cricket.

The league just needs $$$ investment which it isn't getting. Look at the money pumped in to the arab leagues, japan, MLS.
Rugby in Europe is big.

watching women’s afl is torture

ALW shits over the AFLW in terms of quality. its chalk and cheese.

the ALW also gets treated with a lot more respect as they play a full home and away season. AFLHQ don't give a fuck about the AFLW. It only exists to make female AFL fans feel included.

NFL, MLB, NHL and NBA.

AFL, NRL and Cricket.

Yep agree with your last 2 sentences.

Saw full games in the round of CCM v Melb Vic and Melb City v Jets. Plus highlights of the other games, and the last 25 mins of the Auckland/Roar game.

In the Auckland game I saw the last 25 mins. Roar dominated, yet couldn't convert, whilst Auckland bagged one goal from one shot. If Roar In Me Blood is viewing this, did the rest of the game follow this pattern?

Thought Vic dominated CCM until the red. Didn't watch after that. Geria continued his good form from the Socceroos. Valadon's technique stood out, but he needs to work on his off the ball game - opening better passing lanes more frequently, making more intercepts, jockeying - as he may not be the quickest over the turf, albeit being nimble on his feet. Give Valadon the ball and he is a class above most players in the AL.

The Melb Vic system of play, the 4-3-3 attacking midfield triangle, saw some fluent deck football played by them , apart from converting goals. CCM are weakened by the loss of Ballard, Farrell, Nisbet and Miller.

In the Asian Champs' League CCM are playing the typical old English style 4-4-2 flat midfield in both possession and in Ball Possession Opposition. They played the latter off the ball against Vic in the 11 v11 phase.

Melb City also looked good playing the same system as Melb Vic when they had the ball - a 4 -3-3 attacking midfield triangle. I'm astonished to see the recent Socceroo RB, Nathaniel Atkinson playing as a DM or 6, when Talbot stays as RB. The latter is a decent technician and an intelligent player with good vision, but has a funny running action, which may not be quick enough across the turf. I'm sure Atkinson is more suited as a RB ATM.

Melb City played some good Aussie style football - on the deck. What do you think, Melb City Guy? Vidmar having had a decent pre-season has helped.

For Jets I thought they had moved Natta to a DM/ midfield screener/ no 6? He played CB. I think they struggled when it was 11 v 11.

Couldn't believe MacArthur won by that margin against Roar?

I've noted a few of the AusU 23s putting on a bit more muscle on this season and becoming more physical in body on body contact duels - Teague, Villupillay, Jelacic, A Kuol, Maraugis.

Welcome to the forum , Robbos.

How can you be someone who says he is a football supporter, but not know when the season starts ? Fuck off with the marketing shite, i don't know any other country that needs to market their league.

All news these days is at your finger tips.
My finger tip moves toward your lips...

I am a football supporter. Always have been and always will be.
I was an A League supporter. I am now just a semi-disinterested spectator. They finally left me behind when they did the Sydney for all Grand Finals thingy. But that's not my point.

If somebody that has a greater than average punter's interest in football isn't aware that the season has even started, then there may well be problems getting people (especially new people) through the gate. There might be a communication hole.

Abuse aside, your second sentence falls perfectly in line with the observation I was making. (Despite the fact that the EPL is marketed strongly all round the world).

I sense from your last sentence that you might spend a lot more time on the Internet than I do. I won't be changing my habits.

My finger tip moves toward your lips...

I am a football supporter. Always have been and always will be.
I was an A League supporter. I am now just a semi-disinterested spectator. They finally left me behind when they did the Sydney for all Grand Finals thingy. But that's not my point.

If somebody that has a greater than average punter's interest in football isn't aware that the season has even started, then there may well be problems getting people (especially new people) through the gate. There might be a communication hole.

Abuse aside, your second sentence falls perfectly in line with the observation I was making. (Despite the fact that the EPL is marketed strongly all round the world).

I sense from your last sentence that you might spend a lot more time on the Internet than I do. I won't be changing my habits.
Is the EPL marketed in the UK ?

Back