Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tasmania FC thread

The Frontliner

Replies
OK so we now have 2 sockah franchises in NZ but no sockah franchise in Tasmania?

So how's about the A League gets a franchise up and running in the Apple Isle?

They need to think of all those Young Boys playing sockah in Tasmania, there must be thousands playing the game??

And no A League franchise for these Young Boys to aspire to playing.

C'mon let's start pressuring the power to be to install a new sockah franchise in Tasmania. It would be fantastic to see.

Anyone got any ideas for a name??

I'd go European...

Call them Young Boys Tasmania after the famous Swiss club....

Any other names spring to mind??

I'd like a team in Tasmania. If Western United can play out of a 2k stadium then I don't see why some team in Tasmania couldn't join the party.

OK so we now have 2 sockah franchises in NZ but no sockah franchise in Tasmania?

They need to think of all those Young Boys playing sockah in Tasmania, there must be thousands playing the game??

C'mon let's start pressuring the power to be to install a new sockah franchise in Tasmania. It would be fantastic to see.

I'd go European...

Whilst I applaud your idea I also believe there's not much of a soccer culture down that way.

They would need to import expertise from the mainland.

Whilst I applaud your idea I also believe there's not much of a soccer culture down that way.

Are you kidding? We have some of the finest KNVD football specific sport scientist in the world down there... lol

Jokes aside, they have a healthy local scene and some talented players... participation is pretty decent too... Basketball wasn't exactly the biggest sport in Hobart either 10 years ago but now the Jackjumpers sell out every match....

Surely there is a culture of high level sockah coaching in Tasmania?

I mean it's not quite the sockah backwater that gets banded around on various discussion platforms is it?

Plenty of Young Boys in Tasmania playing the game and would need coaching to a high level....

Does anyone know of the level of coaching in Tasmania???

If it wasnt for fas requirement of 4 states in an nst i would root for the tassie a league liscence

As it stands i think and nst is more important than an a league expansion and hope u get to the a league through promotion

There's no promotion to the A League. The A League is a sockah franchise league whereby you're guaranteed to be in it even if you come last. That's why I'm pushing for a Tasmanian franchise in the A League.

No investor in 'straya would put money into a sockah franchise if it wasn't guaranteed to stay in the franchise League.

I'd go European...

There are no soccer people in Tassie.

I'd go European...

FC grasshoppers Tasmania Athletic

I'd go European...

This is a really sore point for me!

I'm vexed about no Tas team.

Back