Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tasmania FC thread

Surely there is a culture of high level sockah coaching in Tasmania?

I mean it's not quite the sockah backwater that gets banded around on various discussion platforms is it?

Plenty of Young Boys in Tasmania playing the game and would need coaching to a high level....

Does anyone know of the level of coaching in Tasmania???

I'm biased because I was part of the system.

The national system of coaching has enhanced coaching quality in Tas - and all states - to be more uniform than it was. This has led to quality control. However, without a pro team in Tas, there are no career prospects compared to other states who have more Pro and Semi- Pro clubs.

Whilst I applaud your idea I also believe there's not much of a soccer culture down that way.

They would need to import expertise from the mainland.

Oldest club in Australia exists in Tas - South Hobart FC.

Not sure what your knowledge of Tas football is?

Oldest club in Australia exists in Tas - South Hobart FC.

Not sure what your knowledge of Tas football is?

I was reading about the oldest football matches in Australia not long ago. Isn't there a story about a priest who brought over the sport from Britain to some regional Tassie town before anyone else?

Back then, Tassie had a MUCH higher percentage of the Australian population, stackcs of Scots, and they were most likely playing our football before switching to Melbourne Rules. Didn't it go to a vote and literally won by just one vote? Or am I getting history mixed up... 😵‍💫

I was reading about the oldest football matches in Australia not long ago. Isn't there a story about a priest who brought over the sport from Britain to some regional Tassie town before anyone else?

Back then, Tassie had a MUCH higher percentage of the Australian population, stackcs of Scots, and they were most likely playing our football before switching to Melbourne Rules. Didn't it go to a vote and literally won by just one vote? Or am I getting history mixed up... 😵‍💫
Aussie Rules still getting the votes down in Tassie ! 😏

Devonport_City_FC.png

Back