Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Aussies abroad

Aalborg Randers highlights. Aalborg late pen hits bar and Iredale hits a half volley to bounce but Izzo parries. Nicely taken pen by Toure.

I can't believe Ryan is being pushed aside. He is still our number one imo. Until Gauci starts playing regularly it should be Ryan holding the position.
So it's ok for Ryan not to be playing but not Gauci?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a long term Ryan fan - but he's always had a howler in him. I think Izzo should have been playing in recent games but Gauci got the nod and (IMnsHO) really started to look the part by the end of the Japan game. Had his confidence up and was strutting like he owned the box. Nothing gives a team more confidence than to see their keeper strut.

Gauci is like Courtois in that he needs a loan to a decent side. Courtois was loaned from Chelsea to Atletico Madrid at a young age.

Championship with ease. I think a Bundesliga club or Belgium would be good. It's about playing.

That Henderson blunder for Palace last night wasn't good at all.

Gauci is like Courtois in that he needs a loan to a decent side. Courtois was loaned from Chelsea to Atletico Madrid at a young age.

Championship with ease. I think a Bundesliga club or Belgium would be good. It's about playing.

I was talking to a Villa fan today and he reckons Gauci is too good to be sent on loan. Apparently Emery rates him and wants a decent understudy in case Martinez (arguably the best keeper in the world) gets injured.

He's training at a super high level and playing in the cups. There's no arguing with how good his performance was against Japan, but yes... I'd rather he was playing also. Izzo must be miffed.

Ju

JUst looked at villas number 1 career. Spent ages trying to get game time then suddenly got a chance at 1 and took it

I was talking to a Villa fan today and he reckons Gauci is too good to be sent on loan. Apparently Emery rates him and wants a decent understudy in case Martinez (arguably the best keeper in the world) gets injured.

He's training at a super high level and playing in the cups. There's no arguing with how good his performance was against Japan, but yes... I'd rather he was playing also. Izzo must be miffed.
In the end it comes down to what our opponent does on the day. If Izzo had started against Japan and Japan turned it on then he'd be relegated quickly. Gauci did a fine job. It's brutal as a keeper when it comes down to how you do in the 1 on 1's and shot stops. That's their job but conceding tends to put a big red flag on keepers. Less often than strikers skying it over, the ridicule of getting not stopping a shot gets the harshest reactions from supporters. If only we were as harsh on stupid midfield passes to nowhere or dumb shots. Tough job being a keeper.

I really hate that idea at Villa that Gauci is too good to loan on. Gauci has to put his foot down or it'll be another Langerak situation.

In the end it comes down to what our opponent does on the day. If Izzo had started against Japan and Japan turned it on then he'd be relegated quickly. Gauci did a fine job. It's brutal as a keeper when it comes down to how you do in the 1 on 1's and shot stops. That's their job but conceding tends to put a big red flag on keepers. Less often than strikers skying it over, the ridicule of getting not stopping a shot gets the harshest reactions from supporters. If only we were as harsh on stupid midfield passes to nowhere or dumb shots. Tough job being a keeper.

I really hate that idea at Villa that Gauci is too good to loan on. Gauci has to put his foot down or it'll be another Langerak situation.
Gauci is still very young. He's only been at Villa five minutes so it must be tremendously exciting for him - and who knows what could happen re Martinez?

Gauci is still very young. He's only been at Villa five minutes so it must be tremendously exciting for him - and who knows what could happen re Martinez?
It's true these injuries can come very quickly not to mention Martinez might fancy one more club in his career. An invariable move to Spain, Italy or Argentina. The next 24 months are exciting and a little concerning.

Back