Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Aussies abroad

Elder starting. Robertson starting against Portsmouth who have Yengi on the bench.

AMB bench. Francois and Baccus starting. No Watts.

Elder starting. Robertson starting against Portsmouth who have Yengi on the bench.

AMB bench. Francois and Baccus starting. No Watts.
Francois playing in the same league as Baccus so no reason why he isn't a shout for the national team

Francois playing in the same league as Baccus so no reason why he isn't a shout for the national team
The transition to Popovic is so interesting because Arnold had a lot of fringe players who may or may not ever come in again. Francois, Devlin, Iredale, Garang Kuol and even someone like Atkinson.

The transition to Popovic is so interesting because Arnold had a lot of fringe players who may or may not ever come in again. Francois, Devlin, Iredale, Garang Kuol and even someone like Atkinson.
Honestly I rate popovic opinion. He got it right with velupillay and Geria so far

Honestly I rate popovic opinion. He got it right with velupillay and Geria so far
So far at least the players are being kept accountable. I felt Arnold swapped out mostly at the bottom of the squad when certain players should have advanced up or starters moved to the bench.

It's annoying to call up a variety of players but still play the old guard with predictable results. We learn nothing of the alternatives that way. Now we can rest easy knowing Geria and Gauci are very reliable.

Gauci not in Villa squad at home to Bologna.

They host Palace in cup next Wednesday so hopefully he'll start that one.

So far at least the players are being kept accountable. I felt Arnold swapped out mostly at the bottom of the squad when certain players should have advanced up or starters moved to the bench.

It's annoying to call up a variety of players but still play the old guard with predictable results. We learn nothing of the alternatives that way. Now we can rest easy knowing Geria and Gauci are very reliable.
Popa using our rotation is good because our biggest strength is our depth. Arnie doesnt rotate even in a tournament which costs us in the olympics

next window will be interesting because jetlag will be even more of a factor. Wouldnt surprise me if the bahrain starting xi is full of euro players but the saudi game has some a league players

4 young keepers looking promisong and bilo getting a start along with chapman

At this rate we dont need the gk rule in the npl, its rbs we lack!

10 points out of a possible 12 over the last 4 games for Cardiff City.

Cardiff have really turned their season around. It's all happened since Robertson started playing for them. He's the face of the players at the club atm, in all their promo stuff.

Poor Portsmouth are bombing hard.

4 young keepers looking promisong and bilo getting a start along with chapman

At this rate we dont need the gk rule in the npl, its rbs we lack!

+ Hall (Brighton) and Pavlesic (Bayern) at big clubs. It's that weight of numbers that you hope someone breaks through.

+ Hall (Brighton) and Pavlesic (Bayern) at big clubs. It's that weight of numbers that you hope someone breaks through.
we have more weight of numbers in the striking options too. Just need more rbs

keeley adamson, simmons (injured?) and bovalina are the only young players I've noticed

Back