Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

A-League Mens 24/25 - Round 1

Sydney have a very good strike force with Costa,Klimala and Lolley and Caceres pulling the strings.Also the Brazilian Sena is more than handy.Hayden Matthews is another young CB who has a big future.Hammond took his goal well after missing the sitter on the stroke of half time.Vidackovic another young giant keeper like Peraic-Cullen for CCM played very well.

Sydney have a very good strike force with Costa,Klimala and Lolley and Caceres pulling the strings.Also the Brazilian Sena is more than handy.Hayden Matthews is another young CB who has a big future.Hammond took his goal well after missing the sitter on the stroke of half time.Vidackovic another young giant keeper like Peraic-Cullen for CCM played very well.
Caceres could be a smokey for the socceroos this season

Love the league is back. Plenty of talking points.

Been discussed to death but do wish for a earlier start and playing on the colder months.

There are more evening provisions for summer, right?

Es hora para aprender español! 🗣️🇪🇸🇦🇷🇨🇴🇪🇨🇨🇱

With Auckland FC announcing the signing of Colombian player Neyder Moreno, it reflects the huge influence of native Spanish-speaking foreigners in the top tier of Australian football this upcoming season!

Argentina:
- Germán Ferreyra (Melbourne City)

Chile:
- Felipe Gallegos (Auckland FC)

Colombia:
- Neyder Moreno (Auckland FC)
- Cristian Caicedo (Perth Glory)

Ecuador:
- Néicer Acosta (Brisbane Roar)
- Luis Cangá (Perth Glory)

Uruguay:
- Guillermo May (Auckland FC)

Spain:
- Juan Mata (Western Sydney Wanderers)
- Javi López (Adelaide Utd)
- Isaías (Adelaide Utd)

Thanks to FrontPageFootball. Excellent page.

Love the league is back. Plenty of talking points.

Been discussed to death but do wish for a earlier start and playing on the colder months.

There are more evening provisions for summer, right?
I see players in europe improve faster playing longer seasons. There has to be some plan to lengthen our season....

I see players in europe improve faster playing longer seasons. There has to be some plan to lengthen our season....
What are the reasons for shortened seasons?

33 matches with everyone playing each other 3 times would be good. I get the home and away imbalance against certain opposition but you've got sports like the NFL where the rotations can see one season look really tough and the next quite light.

There would need to be some travel considerations such as Perth playing Friday against Newcastle and then Sydney maybe a midweek night.

With teams taking some games so far away from their home, would neutral grounds for part of the final 3rd of matches be so bad? Say, CCM and Adelaide go over to both play Perth but then play each other in Perth 4 days later?

What are the reasons for shortened seasons?

33 matches with everyone playing each other 3 times would be good. I get the home and away imbalance against certain opposition but you've got sports like the NFL where the rotations can see one season look really tough and the next quite light.

There would need to be some travel considerations such as Perth playing Friday against Newcastle and then Sydney maybe a midweek night.

With teams taking some games so far away from their home, would neutral grounds for part of the final 3rd of matches be so bad? Say, CCM and Adelaide go over to both play Perth but then play each other in Perth 4 days later?

Couple of issues with this.

-With 13 teams, 3 times around would be 36 games played by each team. The number of rounds with
3 times around would be 39, noting the uneven teams requires byes.

-After the league goes above 30 rounds in the past the league has had issues with viewership retention.

Last edited:
I'll also add player develop was a issue back in the Y-league days because of the lack of match play. It's a major reason why they scrapped it and moved club youth structures in to the NPL. Which I personally believe is the reason why we are seeing so many youth progressing through the academies now. Big difference between playing 24 games against boys and 30 games against men).

The problem with the Aleague is it's a little bit more difficult to extend the league just for the sake of development without having the financial incentive to do so.

Last edited:
Back