Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Introduce yourself here (again)

Oh crap, everyone is doing this seriously... OK, here goes.

Late 40s, dad, ex player and current passionate member of... well I guess I dont really need to explain that bit :P

Apart from the local football, I follow Liverpool and Panathinaikos from afar, although I have a much bigger affinity for the greens, having spent a few season watching them live (absolutely nuts atmosphere at Greek grounds - nothing can describe really) - I dont mind Serie A, Bundi and on the odd occasion laLiga. I have preferred clubs in those leagues but thats more for the sake of having a dog in the fight than rusted on support... Socceroos fan AND the Greek national team although I must admit national team support isnt to high on my list... just follow them both by default really.

Football was the family sport, surrounded by it since birth, earliest memories are playing juniors on Sunday, and then Middle Park to watch Hellas in the afternoon... surrounded by family. Spent a few years living in Greece with the family and that was an eye opener.. Soccer WAS EVERYTHING, before school, during school, in class, after school, it permeates every facet of life.

I returned to Melbourne in the late 80s just in time to see the glory years of the NSL but always wanted football to be #1 sport here and was surprised by the animosity it was shown by "mainstream Australia" .. a few "false dawns" along the way, like Perth Glory coming along, Carlton Soccer Club being really popular for a year or so, Adelaide United being announced etc.... but ultimately, with the assassination of the NSL by "he who shall not be named" my interest in the local game dissipated.

Took a long sabbatical from attending for about 6-7 years and then, about a decade ago, a few family members convinced me to come back to the old club ... been rusted back on ever since, will only miss a match if I am on my death bed or overseas on business, otherwise Im there following the boys in blue, home and way, for better or for worse.. I drag my kiddies along when I can and am proud to watch the next generation of "Hellatzides" love the game as much as the previous ones did... Id love for my club to one day be able to play for top position in Australia but am also resigned to this artificial segregation

FORZA HELLAS.
Enjoyed finding this out. Lucky you living in Greece, one of my favourite countries.

Good on your family members encouraging you back to the game.

He's receive permanent ban. I've left his posts displayed just to show I'm not being soft. This dude was racist and advocating violence(see his other replies).
I support the ban.

He has a past history. I know his past posts under a number of guises. I'm sure he was more benign a decade ago.

T

The fact that you're even calling it 'offline' is killing me. I work HO in a globally distributed company and whenever there's some whatevers in a conference call it's "oh yes, yes, oh let's take it offline". Next time I hear it I'm gonna be imagining some turbo laying into a bloke now haha
Well, basically I was getting at a poster took his grievance from the message board into going after him in real life. Not in a 'offline' business buzzword context lol. It was pretty wild tbh

Some may know me as ds98 over on Inside Sport.

Lost interest in the clunkiness of IS, so stopped posting.

I’m one quarter of the podcast that is ‘The 4 Man Wall,’ we talk about all things Aus Football mixed with some other bs…If you’re keen on that type of thing, we’re on Spotify, Apple Music and so on..

Roar in me Blood (RIMB on here to save typing).

Let me bore you with some I's...

I am a Roar and Socceroos supporter, and followed the NSL through the mighty Canberra Cosmos until they went broke. I watch the Matildas with frustration, and our younger National teams with equal frustration and always the hope of better.

I watch the game for the excitement and joy of seeing beautiful combination play, quality tackling, and fair play in action. I loathe diving, exaggeration and dirty play regardless of it being my team or another.

I would prefer a well fought loss to a cheating win every time.

I have played a bit of most sports, and none of it close to professional.

I have lived in Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Rye and Changi (along with One Tree Hill) - in no particular order - but I do not like Sydney as a place to live at all.

I like to share my thoughts on games and really like to hear back what others think - often in disagreement. It is a fantastic part of our sport that 10 people can watch the same moment in a game and everyone sees different aspects. A forum like this helps me to learn more about what I miss or don't know, and definitely does become a bit of an addiction if you are willing to spend some time on it (hi Mono).

I can get happily caught up in the intricacies of football rules - often starting with a comment from someone about a rule or interpretation that I knew nothing about. Respect to the refs on here and in play.

Back